The kids and I were at the Sports Academy swimming while Josh was at work, all went well, we swam for 45 minutes without anyone dying. I considered that an accomplishment, and was pretty proud of myself.I took them to the showers in the women’s locker room, which has about 5 showers, a Jacuzzi, and two steam rooms. The kids and I were in one of the showers; I washed their bodies and hair, and then put some shampoo in my hair. I closed my eyes while rinsing it out, KayBree was singing I am a Child of God, a little too loud for that room, my spider sense was tingling with the immense lack of Daimen accompanying the duet.
All of a sudden someone yelled, “WHO’S BABY IS THIS?!?!” My heart dropped,I knew it was Daimen without a doubt. I ran out of the shower, shampoo running in my eyes, Daimen is choking and spitting up water from his nose and mouth, with no color in his face. Some lady had pulled him outof the Jacuzzi, and was holding his little limp, naked body.
I doubt I have ever been, or will ever be, so happy to have someone looking at me like she was going to call Social Services at any minute because I’m a horrible mom. I was so grateful that she was there and willing to just jump in and save my exploring and not so buoyant child.
After Daimen calmed down and I got him to stop coughing up water, all he had to say was; “Mommy I not a good swimmer, I can’t talk in water!”He was pretty miserable with himself. Later when we called Josh he told him,“Daddy, I died in the water, and a big lady saved me!”
Needless to say that this experience has taught me one thing…
WASH MY HAIR WITH ONE HAND AND HOLD DAIMEN WITH THE OTHER!!!


2 comments:
Oh my gosh!! That's a scary story. I'm glad he's alright. Thanks for the yummy pie by the way. You guys are great neighbors!!
wow! that is scarey! oh and I hope you dont mind that I found your blog? you should check mine out too!
becca
Post a Comment