Thursday, May 20, 2010

Constant Sickness Is How We Do It!

Wow... I suck at keeping up with this blogging thing. I don't even know why, seriously it's not that hard, it's just that when I'm on the computer now a days I would much rather be on Facebook (I know I'm lame.) I don't even look at other people blogs anymore, and wont feel bad if everyone has given up on mine.

Well on to the story of my life these last couple of months...

I HATE LOGAN! Okay I don't really know if it is Logan or if it my apartment or if we are just going to be this way forever but my family has been sick ALL FREAKING YEAR! Seriously I'm not kidding here. There has been so many problems I don't even know where to begin... so I'll do it bullet style in no real order and I'll probably leave a bunch of things out but you'll get the idea at least.
* KayBrees throat closed completely and she had to have emergency surgery to get her tonsils and adenoids out.

* Daimen picked up the Rotavirus somewhere, lost close to 15 pounds, and looked like a starving child from Ethiopia.

* Kaia had something that resembled RSV but they could figure out what it was (a recurring trend).

* I got some nasty nasty sinus infections, and would have been happy if my throbbing head would have just exploded.

* We went through about 400 bottles of children Tylenol and Motrin just trying to stop the fevers that our kids would magically get for weeks at a time.

* Speaking of fever... Kaia got one that lasted two and a half weeks and yet again they didn't know what had caused it.

* Daimen is always sick... if you see him on the play ground and he's hacking up a lung just know that he isn't contagious. If he get allergies or a little runny nose he's down and out with his asthma.

* I got some seriously awesome strep throat! It was my first experience... and it was RAD! Don't worry though I went to the gym everyday and worked right through it. :)

* Poor little Kaia Bean has been so sick lately (lately means for the last two months) with some 'unknown' sickness. She has been throwing up everything that she ate or drank, kinda like Daimen's Rota Virus, but it has lasted freakin 2 months! She lost a pound which for her his half her dang body mass. Anyway long story short, we had to spend a couple of days in the hospital this week giving her an IV and doing some ultrasounds of her tummy that showed she has a virus that is attacking her intestines which stopped everything from her tummy to her bowels from working at all... she was in a lot of pain. It's so sad! She isn't better, the doctors don't know how she got it but they are pretty certain that she will be readmitted into the hospital. SO for now we can only feed her one ounce of formula and 3 ounces of Pedialyte... she is STARVING! I hope that her body can fight this off. I hate to see her so hungry all the time. Oh and on top off all that she has one awesome ear infection and because she has been on 4 rounds of antibiotics she has the sorest little bum I have ever seen, she cant even sit on it.
After trying to get the IV in 5 times they called down to the NICU and asked if one of their nurses could do it. She did, the first try. Poor Kaia was just so sad, after they got it in I was able to hold her. The first thing she did was put a death grip to my shirt and then fell right asleep.
They had to tape her whole arm up to her elbow on this little board so that she couldn't bend it. She also tried to bite the IV and rip it out of her own hand but after they taped it she couldn't so she just gave up.
Her taped up IV hand. She got pretty good at only using her left hand to grab things and to play with her toys.
Feeling pretty good now that they took off all the millions of wires attached to her tummy and feet. She was at least able to crawl around on the bed and play for a little while without strangling herself. Keeping her on a hospital bed for almost 48 hours was probably the worst part. She wanted to get down and play so bad so she just cried and cried.
But then we figured out we could play peek-a-boo through the hole in the side of the bed. She thought that was pretty cool and it got us through a couple of hours!
KayBree was pretty sad when Kaia wasn't home and almost cried when she first saw her. Kaia was pretty happy to see the kids too. Coming home was so nice for me and even for Kaia, she just wanted to get down and crawl around and play with her toys.
Here's hoping we stay at home for a while and not have anymore hospital stays.
P.S. Kaia Bean is 9 Months Old TODAY!!!!

10 comments:

AggieMay said...

Holy smokes- what a rough year you guys have had. I'm so sorry to hear about it. Have you checked for mold in your apartment? We were sick for months after we moved into this place and we shampooed the carpets and it seemed to help a lot. I hope and pray things start looking up for you guys. It breaks my heart to see little Kaia in the hospital :( If you need anything- slurpee, diapers, babysitter for any of the kiddos- let me know.

Sandra said...

She is so stinkin cute! That picture of her with the IV's are sad. I'm glad she is doing better. Sorry for all the sickness, that is not fun. Maybe your just getting it all out now so that your good for LIFE :) Luke was coughing (not phlemy like) just a persistent cough, I took him in and it's asthma...is that what he has?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so sorry, being sick is the pits.

Eaglehavenwest said...

So sorry you've all been sick. Kaia looks so sad it makes me want to cry! Glad you posted the smiling pictures, she is so cute, even in the sad pictures, but we want her to stay happy!!!

April said...

Oh my goodness this made me cry. Poor little thing! I think you need to head to warm dry weather girl! Oh it reminds me of my little june bug in the hospital it was the most heart wrenching thing I've ever gone through. AndI have no pictures to remind me of it so kudos to you for taking some!

Kay Jones said...

Shoot Ashlee. Sounds like it's not been a lot of fun for you. Jarell's year hasn't been much better, but for a minute things have seemed to slow down for him. It's so hard to have a little one ill, because they really can't tell you where they hurt. The pictures tell the story. Hang in there, it's only got to get better!

Rachel said...

How stinky!!!!!! That is so sad, poor Kaia!!! I can't believe how sad that picture of her looks! But the one of her grin---just melt your heart! What a sweetheart! I hope they figure out what is wrong soon!!! Hugs!

Norte said...

Great, now I have something in my eye.

K.A.R. said...

For her ear infection use some olive oil and garlic put a couple drops in her ear it'll kill the bactria and she won't develop a resistance to the garlic. Hope it helps! sorry everybody's been sick that sucks but really it does sound like you've got some weird black mold infestation or corbon monixcide poisioning.

Unknown said...

holy crap...that is no fun at all. what a tough year you have had so far. that is so sad about kaia. we have some pictures of dom in the hospital and hers reminded me a lot of the time we were there. i agree with the others that you should get your place checked for mold. that is nasty stuff and can cause all sorts of problems. hang in there you guys.