Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Search and Rescue for WORMS!

Lately Logan has had an abundance of rainy days, a perfect time to try out the kids new
umbrellas!

As most everyone knows, KayBree is not a squirmy girly girl. She loves animals, bugs (with the exception of wasps and bees), reptiles, etc... She has made me more of a tough girl because I couldn't stand slimy, fuzzy, crawly creatures, but now I can at least touch them... once or twice. ;)

Here she is picking up a slimy little worm...

Holding in her hand, the nasty slimy little worm....

OK so when I said nasty slimy "little" worm....

It's really BIG for a worm and every time she bent down to touch it, the worm would coil up and attack her fingers.... YUCK!!!!

You can probably tell that by the end of this worm adventure I had pretty much depleted my courage of slimy worms, and at this point was shivering with the hibbie jibbies...
In the end we "saved" 8 worms by putting them in a puddle so that when the sun came out they wouldn't dry up. KayBree gets so sad when we pass a dried up worm on the sidewalk after it rains... she has such a tender little heart.

Man, I love my kids. They are so much fun, and everyday is a new adventure.

KayBree is destined for great things, my hope is that she will pursue an education in Marine Biology, or Zoology. She would be so great at an occupation that deals with animals, land or sea. Me and Josh are planning on sending her down to Sea World, California in a couple of years to spend a couple days with an animal trainer. She will be able to learn what Marine Biologist do, and see if it is something that she would like to pursue. She is the smartest girl I have ever met and I have no doubt that she could do whatever she puts her mind to.

Daimen... WOW what a ball of exuberant energy. My life would be boring, my house would be clean, I wouldn't have nearly as many gray hairs, but life would be sad without the snuggly little chubby bubby. We will defiantly be putting him into karate or some other form of marshal art, he defiantly needs the physical outlet. He is so sweet and loving, even though he puts on his big tough guy act. Hopefully when he goes into high school I can persuade him not to wear gloves and cowboy boots with shorts...

I love them both and am grateful that they are mine forever!


9 comments:

April and Paul said...

Cute Post! Oh my gosh our kids look alike. Can you see it too?

Josh and Ashlee said...

Hey thanks! Our kids do look alike, which is weird! Sometime we should get together and take their pictures to compare! :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, Kaybree is way braver than me!

Bingham said...

I love your blog. I am so glad you started to do this. You always have the best stories from your kids. We miss them and you and Josh. The Pictures of the rain made me jealous. I have seen rain four times in the past nine months. It is too hot here. Tell Daimen and Kaybree hi for Taitem and Paycee. My girls still ask about them.

Jai said...

Hey woman... I need your email. mine is tjkabowles@hotmail.com
thanks, Jamie

Jai said...

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms..." J/K Anyway, I jumped on the bandwagon and felt it was best to not display our last name on our blog, so if you would change our blog address to tjkat.blogspot.com that would be great. (It is the same except that we dropped the last name!) Thanks, Jai

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

I love that last picute of you and the kids. Worm hunting rocks. Until one gets eaten. Good thing we're past our rainy spell. Yay Summer.... and girls camp!

Cordie said...

I LOVE the last picture! You three are too cute! How come the Bingham family has never commented on my blog! Katie is a loser, J/K.

Rachel said...

These are the cutest pictures I've ever seen! And Kaybree...she sounds like Savanna's twin! Savanna is in love with bugs and animals and would sleep in a jungle happily. You guys are so cute!!!