KayBree was fighting with Daimen over a toy today. She is usually such a sweet little girl, but if she lets her temper slip, stand back or just run away, she shows no mercy. I told her that Daimen had the toy first, which means that he gets to play with it and when he is done, which wont be long due to his limited attention span, she will get her turn. Obviously this was the wrong thing to say to her, because she looked at me in her most deadly stare and using the sassiest voice she could muster said, "So what, Daimen gets all the toys in the house, and I don't get ANY?!?!" I, amazed that my 5 year old had already mastered the ornery, spiteful, PMSing teen tone of voice complete with rolling eyes, said "KayBree watch your mouth." She then retorted with her one of a kind, ornery, spiteful, PMSing teen tone of voice complete with rolling eyes and hands on hips, "How can I watch my mouth when it's way down there and my eyes are way up here? I just can't see it!" All the while demonstrating how ridiculous it was to even suggest such a thing, when it is obvious that it is physically impossible for her eyes to see her mouth. Me and Josh just looked at each other, jaws hanging open in sheer amazement at the verbal beating we received, started laughing, which made her even more mad. Then, through the tears of laughter, I explained to her what watching her mouth really meant.
These are the times when being a mother is really fulfilling... knowing that, like it or not, my daughter is going to be a sass just like me. Maybe this is our punishment for being reckless teens, and/or payback for all the hard times I put my parents through. Sorry Mom and Dad, all I can say is at least I never ceased to amaze you! ;)
These are the times when being a mother is really fulfilling... knowing that, like it or not, my daughter is going to be a sass just like me. Maybe this is our punishment for being reckless teens, and/or payback for all the hard times I put my parents through. Sorry Mom and Dad, all I can say is at least I never ceased to amaze you! ;)


4 comments:
That story made me laugh soooo hard!
Oh my gosh she is mini you! haha payback is a witch! Oh just wait until she has a Corolla and listens to rap driving all over the place!
Oh man, I love KayBree!!! She's so dang cute!!!!! What a funny story. She's obviously sassy AND genious.
she's such a trip! I wonder if my little Kaybree will have such sass? oh wait, yeah she's half me, so i better watch out!
Post a Comment