Tuesday, May 13, 2008

KayBree's Tooth (or lack thereof)

You know you are getting old when your kids start loosing their teeth.
It all started when KayBree came to me one day really worried about something. Finally, after asking her five million times what was wrong, she told me something was broken in her mouth. I felt around and noticed her bottom tooth was loose. She thought she had broken it, and was going to be in trouble or have to go to the dentist, which are two of the most unpleasant experiences to deal with as a young child. After explaining to her that this happens to all kids when they start growing up, she was very excited and proud to show everyone.
Last night after FHE I told her to push on it with her tongue and wiggle it with her finger so it would fall out faster. I helped her push it down and it mostly broke free, then it started bleeding and she freaked out. We calmed her down and she let Josh pull it out the rest of the way with a paper towel, while I made her a little bag to put it in for the Tooth Fairy.
This is her pushing her tongue through the new gap in her teeth!

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Congrats Kaybree! And eww, I hate pulling teeth..I make Nick do it. :)

Hilarie said...

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my kids get to this... I think it's gross! Oh well, I'll have to get over it! Kaybree's adorable!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had to do some blog hopping to find you but I did!!
It's just about warm enough for that huge swimming pool of yours :)