"We believe in peace," President Hinckley said. "We work for peace. We pray for peace. But we are all citizens of the nation, and we meet our responsibility as that responsibility is defined by our leadership."

I just have to say that I am really proud to be an American! I am so proud of the rights and liberties that I receive as a citizen of this country. I know that this may be some what controversial, but I am glad that George W. Bush is our President! I know that he has faults, but man, who doesn't? I am so thankful that he has had a personal relationship with the religious advisors around the world especially the late President Hinckley, and that he has turned to them for advice and guidance in the major actions and decisions he has had to make. What more could we ask for than a President that believes in a Higher Power and lives his life the best he can? I know that everyone is against this war in Iraq and believe me, it has not been easy for my family, but I am grateful that we have just leaders who look out for the well being of others even in the face of criticism. . I am so thankful that I am part of this ‘Nation under God...’
Last but not least I am thankful for Josh, and for all he did in Iraq. I am thankful that he is my husband and that he loves me unconditionally even when I mess up (which I do TOO MUCH). Thanks for serving our Country babe!
Cute Cousins!
Spencer, KayBree, Daimen, and Connor dancing on the stage!
The Chief Hot Air Balloon guy picked Daimen up and set him on top of the basket to watch while he set up the Balloon. It was very interesting how they did it!

I needed a picture of both my cute kids... right?

This is the inside of the Balloon. It was HUGE!!!
After watching them set up this Hot Air Balloon, my Dad had a sudden bit of inspiration that he should invest in a Hot Air Balloon, so we went to talk to the Chief Hot Air Balloon guy and after hearing him spout off the long line of numbers in which it would costs to get it started, I think my Dad started to have some doubts... Oh and the fact that when he mentioned investing in a Hot Air Balloon my mom YELLED a definite NOOOOO... Sorry Dad... I was up for it, (if we were gonna use your money that is!!) ;)
All in all it was a fun 4th of July besides the fact that Josh had to work ALL DAY!!!
We missed you babe! :)
P.S. Thank you Amy and Harley for letting me and the kids hang out at your house all day. We had so much fun. We really do love you guys and all you do for us. Our kids would rather live at your house then ours but hey, we cant blame them, we would too! Love you guys!
2 comments:
Hey Josh and Ashlee, It is great to be American and the freedoms we have. I have now read your complete blog and you have some very cute kids, plus the ability to tell some very funny stories. Looks like you all had a great fourth.
Thank you Josh for serving our country! I really can't imagine how hard it would be to go over seas and leave your family behind!
Post a Comment