
KayBree decided in the winter that she wanted to have a Spring Flower Shop... so we finally did it! Here is the flyer she sent around our apartment complex. (p.s. if you didn't get one... please don't be offended we only printed out a few and if she saw someone outside, she would give them one. Oh and I'm sure this will be a yearly event so I will be sure to get it to more people next year.)
In preparation of our sale Daimen helped me with the house work... under the fridge was especially exciting for him....
This is Daimens sale... he named it "I Like Sunshine Shop." If you look closely, his prices were pretty steep, somehow he still got customers.... probably because he is such an amazing salesman. He would just hand people one of everything and then they probably felt like they had to buy it because they touched it. Good strategy... although I was so embarrassed. Full refund for anyone who felt forced into a purchase. :)
KayBree with her BEAUTIFUL Viola flowers! She woke up early today so she could take care of her flowers, now that we sold all of those we will be getting some for her so if anyone wants one, let me know and I will pick one up for you! :)
Our VERY FIRST customers! KayBree's cute little friends were so excited to come to KayBree's sale, they did extra chores so they could earn some money to spend. Thank you so much!
Jake just liked us for our sugar cookies!
Daimens friends liked the popsicles that he made all by himself.
They were so good!!!
This "flower, popsicles, lemonade, cookie stand" was WAY out of my comfort zone! I didn't do anything like this as a kid. I don't like to take the chance that no one would come, and I will have to suffer through thick clouds of depression with heart broken kids all day... I cant handle when my kids are heartbroken, I just cry. I am so grateful for all of my neighbors and friends who ventured over to the sale, my kids were happy just to have someone to give their stuff to, money or not it didn't matter. Thank you. In the end we completely sold out of EVERYTHING! I made 60+ sugar cookies, Daimen made 20 popsicles, two pitchers full of lemonade, and 8 pots of flowers, all sold... I really had no idea that it would be such a great turn out. People have even asked me for more so I am taking orders now... maybe I will start a business. ;)
And last but not least it was Josh birthday on April 18th. He's 25! I cant believe it! I remember thinking how weird it would be when we turned twenty five and KayBree would be 6 and in school. I felt like we were going to be teenagers forever... how fast it has come and gone. Now on to bigger and better things... here's to the next 25 years!
I love ya babe!




12 comments:
I Loved this post! First off love the wedding picture, such a cute couple! Second, I wish so bad that I could have come to your kids sale. It made me homesick to see Hanbury! Well I will be around this summer so that makes me excited!
Happy Anniversary!!
I'm with Cordie, I loved this post. The "flower, popsicles, lemonade, cookie stand" was adorable. Your kids are quite the entrepreneurs. I know what you mean about the comfort zone thing though - I would have had a hard time 'hosting' a sale like that too. Its funny though, because I never have a hard time attending them. Your kids are adorable and it looks like they really enjoyed themselves.
Happy Anniversary. I wish I would have known about the stands that sounds like so much fun. My kids would have had a great time buying cookies (let me know if you do it again) And CONGRATS!!! I saw your pregnancy calendar on the right, wow I didn't even know you were prego. If you ever want to rest you should bring your kids over. Andrew has an eye for Kaybree he he, (he just blushed as I wrote that).
You guys are seriously SOOOOOOOOOO cool!!! That is so fun that you did that for your kids! And you documented it too so they'll remember how awesome you both are! I hope your anniversary was rockin! It's lucky #7 for us too!!! :)
I love the wedding of pic of you two. So cute.
Love the flyer and the flower pot stand. If I had known about it Tegan and I would have come.
My brothers used to pick beans from our backyard garden and walk around the neighborhood selling 9 beans for 9 cents. :) hee hee. Good times.
Josh is old...
That is so cute! Maybe KaBree will be a florist or own a nursery one day! Oh that would be fun! You and Josh look so stinking young in that wedding photo!
SO old!
Happy belated anniversary and birthday for Josh. Wish we could have come to the fun cookie, popsicle, lemonade, flowerpot sale. It looked like lots of fun.
The stands were so cute! And I got a cute gift for a friend without having to go to the store. =) This is a great idea for the summer too, we'd be regular customers for sure.
That is such a cute idea. What a couple of little entrepreneurs you have! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Josh!
Your kids are so freaking cute! And how exciting that you're having another one! Congrats!
Post a Comment