Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ?
''Is your daddy home?' he asked. ' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.
May I talk with him?' The child whispered, ' No .'
Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mommy there?' ' Yes ' 'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, ' No '
Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?' ' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman . '
Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?' ' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child. 'Busy doing what?'' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.
Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.'
What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered, ' The search team just landed a helicopter '
Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'
Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle... ' ME . '
~*~*~*~*~
Oh man, reading that story all I could think of was Daimen? He would honestly do that, and think he was so dang funny.
Seriously those are the times when I love being a mom the most, the times when your kids do something totally erratic and dangerous with only the thought of making you happy or showing they love you. Like Daimen not wanting to wake me up really early in the morning, so he gets out the toaster, makes himself some toast, and butters it with one of my sharpest steak knifes. Boy was I glad he didn't cut his little fingers off, but he was so proud that he did it all by himself, I just couldn't get mad.
I live for their cute little giggles after they tell a nonsense joke that only makes me laugh because they are on the ground hysterically laughing and/or peeing their pants at the awesomeness of their own joke.
I am constantly awed by their one of a kind creative, totally ingenious creations made out of whatever they can find around the house. KayBree can make anything out of paper, a purse, some butterfly wings that have straps to put your arms through, whatever you want she can make it. She is so crafty.
~*~*~*~*~
Her paper wings she made after watching Thumbelina. Daimen and I also made him a rockin shield out of cardboard and bright green duct tape but I couldn't find it.
Let me just say that it was AWESOME!
The rabbit/pig cross breed only available at our house, and only during Easter time.
Our family of rolling pink, and sometimes green, heads. I can totally see the resemblance, can't you? Created by KayBree.
Created by Daimen.

5 comments:

Angel of Sarcasm said...

Coolest thing ever!

Rachel said...

That is the funniest story!!! And I love all your playdough creations!! Damien looks so funny in that picture, especially after that story, haha! He looks a little sinister!! What funny kids you have!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I'm not creeped out at ALL! I look at TONS of random blogs (and now I'll probably start looking at yours), so no worries!

Andrea said...

I think I'm seeing a wee bit of a resemblance between those cute kids and their mother!

Unknown said...

Your kids amaze me! I wish I could make things like that!