I love Easter! Not only for the loads of candy, but for the time that is spent with family.
On Thursday we had a fun family night. KayBree and Josh went to pick out a movie while me and Daimen prepared a special dinner. We ate in the candle light and although it wasn't a fancy dinner, the kids thought it was awesome.
After dinner we watched The Tale of Despereaux.
My parents came up on Friday and spent the night. My dad took Daimen with him to Walmart to get the oil changed on his car and they came back with some surprises. Daimen got Lego's and they bought KayBree a fancy dog named Tutu. It's always fun to have my parents here, and I appreciate all they do for me and my family.
This is the "creature" that they made with Lego's... dragon, dinosaur blob.
On Saturday we headed to SLC to This is The Place Heritage Park. FM 100.3 hosted an Easter Egg hunt for families. We were able to get a picture taken with the Easter Bunny. The kids also got their face painted, and went on train rides. They had it set up so there was different places for different age groups to hunt for eggs, which was nice. Me and Josh waited with Daimen, we were close to the front of the line, but when we got in there were no more eggs on the ground. Daimen was heartbroken. He didn't get one egg. The parents were pushy and awful, and kids that couldn't even walk had 15 eggs in their basket. It was very sad. So we took Daimen over to the next age group with KayBree and he went in with her to get some eggs. They got about 5 each. He felt a little better. Later we found a little boy around Daimen's age who hadn't gotten any eggs so KayBree and Daimen both gave him some of theirs. I was so proud of them for being aware of others around them.
It was a good learning experience for the kids, but I bawled all day because of it.
We were waiting for the Train to take us around the park.
KayBree, the Easter Bunny!
Daimen with Batman and bones on his face!
Easter Sunday! My mom found these outfits for the kids in Salt Lake.
They are so cute! She made the little shrug for KayBree in the car, Saturday!
She's amazing! Thanks MOM!
My beautiful Princess!
My studly little Man!
KayBree asked the Easter bunny for Bakugan!
Daimen got Halo action figures in his Easter basket!
All in all it was a great Easter!
I am so grateful for my family, I only wish that some weren't so far away.


6 comments:
Ah...pushy parents. I look forward to punching one in the face some day.
And Catherine keeps saying how she can't wait to do baskets for our kids. Ha.
fun fun...I love love loved Kaybree's little shrug. Your mom is one talented woman!
What a fun post!! I love all the pics and your kids are so darling! I'm totally freaking out over how many teeth Kaybree has lost though! Savanna's aren't even loose at all!!!
What a great weekend!
Those kids are so damn cute, we miss you all tons and thought about you all weekend.
I love your kids! They look so cute in their Eater outfits! Hey we will be in Logan lots this summer, we will have to hang out!
Post a Comment