Monday, December 1, 2008

My Cute Kids Are Home!

Well after a long, sad, and uneventful week, my kiddos are finally home! I honestly thought that this week would be great, finally time all to myself, but truly I was lost. Josh almost put me on suicide watch the first day because he went to work and when he came home I was in the same spot, crying. This time alone might have me wavering on my resolve to get my tubes tied, maybe... OH and ya know that list of things I was going to do??? Yeah... not one thing got done except that I finished all four seasons of the OC. On Josh's days off we had a lot of fun, Josh took me to the Olive Garden then we watched Twilight (to which I'm starting to think that I got punked and watched a spoof on the real movie because I might be the only one who thought this movie was barf-orrific). We also went out to dinner at Blackstone with Jem and Jeanette and it was delish! (p.s. we owe you guys big time! THANKS!)
The kids on the other hand were spoiled beyond belief! They were sad to leave April and Aaron, but I could tell they were glad to be out of the car when they finally made it here. KayBree gave me the lowdown on they're many activities. Here are some of the highlights; they played with Nelly (the dog), they went bunny hunting (to find a replacement for Josh's childhood pet), they went swimming at the local rec center, they went sledding down Aaron and Aprils hill from the 'tippy top', they cooked KayBree Soup and Mac and Cheese... and so so much more.
Thank you to mom and dad for taking my kids and being patient with them when they were restless in the car. Thank you to Aaron and April for loving them as much as we do, even though sometimes they can be crazy! They love you!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I remember the first time I left Danika for one night, I had the hardest time she was like a year old. Now when we leave for the weekend it's usually the baby (whoever is the littlest at the time) that I miss the most. I think it gets better the more you leave them. Does that make sense? I'm glad your back with your kiddos! But I do have one question....what is Kaybree soup?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

As they get older, I think we all look back with rose-colored glasses on their babyhood. I sure miss having babies around, and have been accused of being baby hungry lately. :) But it's also nice to have the extra freedom as they get more independent. *Sigh* Such a dilemma.

Welcome back cutie kiddos!

Rachel said...

I love Kaybree's missing teeth! Such a cute smile!!

Illinios Wrights said...

I thought having three in school would suddenly make me super mom and I'd get so much done and feel so free. I can't say that I get a whole lot more done than before and I miss them. I can't wait to go pick them up and I love it when they have days off. I don't think it's bad to miss your kids and have some pathetic days because I do it all the time. If only husbands didn't have to work. I think maybe I could miss my kids less if Chris were home more. But alas, wishing again for things that will come later and when they do they probably won't be as great as I imagined and I'll have something else to miss or cry about.

Becky

Unknown said...

That is such a cute picture of your kids!!
Hilarie

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

You poor thing. You must have missed them so much. I miss them and they're not even my kids. (i wish) I love your review of Twighlight. I laughed so hard. I had to show another friend of mine that shared our opinion. You crack me up.

April and Paul said...

oh i know how you felt. I can't stand not being with my girls. Its funny how before you have them you can't imagine it and after you have them you can't imagine life without them.

Norte said...

The OC = awesome, no?