Thursday, November 13, 2008

Veterans Day

I apologise that I am posting about Veterans Day two days late.
In my life I am blessed to have the support of many, many wonderful Veterans. For starters my Dad, my brother, Adam, and last but definitely not least, Josh.
I am so proud to be part of an Army oriented family. I even more proud to be a Veteran's wife.
Josh and many, many other Veterans have given up so much for us, there is no way ever to repay them. So much is lost at war, so much that we'll never get back.
I am so proud of Josh. I'm so thankful for my role in supporting him, and I'm entirely indebted to his wonderful friends who pick him up when I fall short. Wouldn't you know that they are Veterans too?!
Mason, thank you so much for all you did for Josh in Iraq. Thank you for being there for him, when I wasn't. Thank you for accepting me, as a friend too. I don't think you will ever know what you have done for us. Thank you.
Patrick and Norte, thank you for making Josh laugh and be carefree. When he is with you I see a little of his pre-war, old self come out. Thank you!

There are so many more people I need to thank but I can barely see the computer screen through my tears. I am so proud to be friends with so many Veterans, and especially to be married to the BEST one!

2 comments:

Cordie said...

So cool that you get to say that!

C.B. said...

I love being a veteran's wife.